National Wedding Show Birmingham 2016
The National Wedding Show is the UK’s biggest event for brides-to-be, featuring over 300 wedding specialists and holding the largest collection of bridal dresses. From high street brands, to boutiques with exclusive designer labels and made-to-measure orders, we were among the varied bridalwear retailers looking to help shape each bride’s special day.
Taking place at the Birmingham NEC, from Friday 4th – Sunday 6th March, the vibrant show was an ideal event for brides searching for inspiration, ideas and items for their wedding occasion, from venues and menus, to bouquets and the dream dress. With the dedicated ‘Wedding Theatre’, brides and their bridal parties could listen to hints and tips from the experts in the industry, getting valuable guidance on beauty, hair and styling for their big day.
One of the highlights of the weekend for us was the show’s very own bridal catwalk, showcasing a selection of dresses from leading designers such as Eliza Jane Howell. It was a great opportunity for us as well as brides, to see the bridal gowns come to life on the catwalk and it’s definitely inspired us with new trends and features to incorporate into our boutique collections.
Most importantly, we were able to meet with brides planning for their wedding and offer them expert advice and guidance on all aspects of wedding attire, from bridalwear and accessories, to bridesmaids, mother of the bride and formal gents wear. If you’re getting married in the next 6-18 months, we’d highly recommend attending The National Wedding Show, either in Birmingham or London. Held in both Spring and Autumn, the event will give you access to great resources for planning a memorable wedding occasion, exclusive offers and a sneak peek of the latest in the industry. Plus, with areas to shop and relax, it’s makes for a fun trip for you and your bridesmaids!
Our tips for planning your trip to a Wedding Show
- Before your visit have a look at the show’s website to check the exhibitor list, so you can best plan who you want to visit and where you want to go. Also check out the features and events happening on the day of your trip so you can catch all the best bits.
- On show day it’s best to arrive early to avoid the queues and ensure you get the most out of your visit. With lots to see and do, we’d also advise turning up early to any of the features you’d like to see, such as the bridal catwalk, as it can get very busy quickly.
- As there’ll be a vast array of wedding dresses on show, we’re sure you’ll be tempted to try on a few! Wear comfortable clothing that’s easy to change in and out of, and you can try on as many as you like!
- Walking around the stands can become tiring for your feet, so we’d recommend wearing a pair of comfortable flat shoes, and carrying a light cross-body bag which will be secure.
- Bring along friends or family to enjoy the day and treat yourself with a nice lunch – there should be a wide selection of catering outlets available. As well as getting important information to plan your wedding, it’s also a chance to relax and spend time with your party. Whoever you bring along though, make sure they’re patient and can positively help you when it comes to making the important decisions.